Concilium Technologies (Pty) Ltd Terms and Conditions
Use of Site
Concilium Technologies (Pty) Ltd (hereafter known as Concilium) authorises you to view and download materials for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that any copyright of other proprietary notices are retained from the original materials. You may not modify the materials on this site in any way or reproduce, distribute or publicly display, for any public or commercial purpose.
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to, and may be linked from, other websites or resources and are provided solely as a convenience to you. As Concilium has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Concilium is not responsible for the availability or the content of these sites. If you link to any third party site from this site, you do so at your own risk.
The materials provided on this site are provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Changes may be made at any time and without notice, and there is no commitment to update materials on this site. Concilium make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this website and expressly disclaim liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website, whether delivered by the website, or by e-mail.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Concilium, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption ) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the materials or information from this site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
Concilium Technologies (Pty) Ltd Privacy Statement
This policy applies to you if you are an attendee of any of our public events including exhibitions, seminars and webinars, or have requested information via a form on our website.
Personal information includes:
- certain information collected on attendance at our public events including exhibitions, seminars and webinars or forms on our website;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily;
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as your gender or marital status.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal information such as your financial information – which includes your bank account details.
By completing the feedback forms you accept the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not use any of our services.
You may not attend any of our pubic events if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By completing the feedback form at our public events or on our website, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our services. If you continue to use the website or our services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
On evaluation forms and website requests
We collect your information when you complete the evaluation form at our public events including exhibitions, seminars and webinars or a request for further information via our website. The information is collected in a physical form and then scanned into electronic format, or as an email generated on completing a website form.
This personal information will include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number; and
- your postal address or street address.
We will use this personal information to provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal information with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
* tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences;
* improving how our website performs;
* allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
* helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
Third party cookies
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content that you decide to download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any information on attendance or optional information.
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send messages and email updates to you about the website. We may wish to provide you with information about our upcoming public events in which we think you may be interested. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can sign up to receive our monthly newsletter. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages by clicking on the opt-out link.
We may share your personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- our service providers under contract who help supply certain goods or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria); and
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before allowing you to make any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by contacting us by phone or by sending an email to email@example.com.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.